Stewards – 1st Ring
Role: The stewards hold the center for the TRCC as an action network, with one steward serving as the lead project director to our fiscal sponsor. The stewards’ “client” is the TRCC itself: guiding the principles, practices, and evolution of the TRCC community.
Circle – 2nd Ring
Role: Circles are the strategic governance bodies for TRCC: making priority and resource decisions on behalf of the community. The Circle’s “clients” are the real place-based communities on the ground served by the programs and services of TRCC members’ organizations.
There are two core governance circles in TRCC: the internal Carrier Circle and the external TRC Council.
The Carrier Circle makes internal strategic decisions within the TRC community network project.
2019 Carrier Circle members
- Leslie Meehan (TRCC steward)
- Ted Rau (Sociocracy for All)
- Ben Roberts (TRCC steward)
- Jasmine Saavedra (ChangeMakers)
- Susan Silber (NorCal Resilience Network)
The TRC Council makes external strategic decisions for TRC Catalyst grants.
2019 TRC Council members – cohosts Mary Emeny & Ryan Rising
- Threshold TRC Funding Circle Leslie Meehan & Jenny Ladd
- Center for Economic Democracy: Amethyst Carey
- Co-Op Power: Lynn Benander
- Daily Acts: Kerry Fugett
- East Bay Permanent Real Estate Cooperative: Noni Session
- Kentucky Student Environmental Coalition: Caci Gibson
- Library Hubs New England Resilience Accelerator: Ben Roberts
- Oakland Climate Action Coalition: Colin Miller
- Permaculture Action Network: Alexa Levy
- SFBay Resilience Accelerator: Susan Silber – NorCal Network
- Shareable: Tom Llewellyn
- Transition US: Don Hall
Community – 3rd Ring
Role: The Community is the active set of participants who commit to play in TRCC for at least five hours each year. This includes taking the annual survey and reading the quarterly newsletter as well as joining in at least one dialogue or gathering.
Benefits: Membership brings trusted relationships with allies, invitations to all gatherings, nominating co-project proposals for grant consideration, listing on the TRCC website, promotion in TRCC newsletters, and access to Lift Up program support (mentorship, peer consulting, trainings).
Want to play? Contact a current member or email@example.com.
Action Network – 4th ring
Sign up for the free quarterly e-newsletter!
Role: The broader action network is the web of occasional and interested participants in TRCC gatherings and activities. Network members receive the quarterly TRCC e-newsletter to stay in the loop about what’s going on. Click HERE to sign up and find more ways to get involved.
Threshold Foundation Thriving Resilient Communities Funding Circle
The Threshold Foundation’s Thriving Resilient Communities Funding Circle builds collective wisdom, maps the field, and funds best practices and leading-edge work in community resilience.